Wednesday, April 25, 2012

traveling to paris march 3 -8 need somme advice

My husband and I will be traveling to Paris March 3-8. We are planning on staying at Victoria Palace. This is our first trip to Paris and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on getting from the airport to hotel, any good restaurants in the area where we will be staying.Does anyone know the area where Victoria Palace is ? Is it a good choice?Any advice would be helpful. I would like our trip to be very romantic!!!




|||



Hi, I haven%26#39;t been to paris myself. but i am going in march and i have done some research.





Your hotel location is fine, I think you didnt make any mistake there.





If you want to go by train from airport to hotel I think the best way mighttttttt be:



RER B from CDG airport to St Michel



Then at the St Michel stop transfer to the Metro Line 4 to the St-Placide stop, and this should be close to your airport.





Hopefully someone can back me up, or maybe recommend a better way, I%26#39;m not sure if the stop is a convienient one or notl.





or if you have lots of money then you can arrange for an airport shuttle thing, but i am a poor college student so all i know about is trains.





I got the stop information from:



www.parisby.com/victoria/pages/reach.htm




|||



Yes, but before you get on the train station to get to the RER, you need to find the shuttle bus to get you to the train station.




|||



Hello rockland,





Say you might want to consider just taking an airport shuttle right to the door of your hotel. Its about 15/18 euros each for 2 travelling together, door to door. You can also make arrangements for them to pick you up for return trip to CDG. It%26#39;s quite easy when worn out from the long trip over and no dragging luggage. While we have never taken a taxi I understand that they are between 45 and 65euros into Paris...be sure to get a licenced cab, from the cab station.





I just got a special of 14.50 euros per person, each way from blueshuttle.fr...for our March trip. Have taken them before and they are quite good although sometimes you might have to wait a little while for them, but not always. You can call them toll free when you arrive, they will tell you where the van will be and it is easy to find........right outside where the pickups are....taxis etc. It is an 8 passenger van and sometimes you have a little tour of Paris when dropping off the other passengers.......with whom you might strike up a nice conversation.





Bonne chance...........you will love Paris............Bea




|||



Yes, I%26#39;ve just booked Blue Shuttle for my trip from the airport into Paris in March, after shopping around, they are the cheapest - very easy to do online http://www.bluvan.fr/. Costing me 58 euros for two people return trip. Sorry don%26#39;t know about the area you%26#39;re staying in, this will be my first trip to Paris since I was 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment