Saturday, April 21, 2012

Rail bargains..

I heard that there is one day of the week were you can purchase rail tickets very cheap, supposedly they have specials once a week, and I���m looking to buy tickets to Brussels and Amsterdam.





Is this true?




|||



www.voyages-sncf.com on Tuesdays there are %26quot;Offres derniers minutes%26quot; with 50% reductions for many destinations.




|||



And when you go to their site, click on the %26#39;Prems%26#39; link near the top left of the page for all the latest special offers.




|||



I was also interested in this, and am pleased with the very cheapest rates posted on eurorail.com. But are buying these sorts of tickets from home in advance of the trip a real savings over buying them from Paris/London etc a couple of days before rail travel?




|||



I%26#39;d say %26quot;yes%26quot; in general.





If I book a Paris-Nice for next week (Monday) on sncf.fr it%26#39;ll cost me 186euro for the return trip. If I book the same trip 4 weeks in advance it costs 80euro.

No comments:

Post a Comment