Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Crowds and lines in February

Are the crowds much less in February? How about the lines at the Louvre? It%26#39;s winter and hear that Paris is not too crowded during this time of the year. Someone I know visited Paris in Nov 2002 (also winter time) and told me that there were no lines at all at the Louvre. What should I expect?





Thanks.




|||



No lines at the Lourve last Sunday at about 3pm.





Or course there%26#39;ll be less lines than usual (it%26#39;s Very cold out there today), but I wouldn%26#39;t expect to wait for more than a few minutes.





In saying that, if you intend to visit something that%26#39;s on for a limited amount of time and it%26#39;s heading towards it%26#39;s last days then things are different. Last week I waited 90 minutes to see the Turner, Whistler %26amp; Monet expo.




|||



We just got back yesterday and there were NO lines anywhere. Not at the Louvre or D%26#39;Orsay. Restaurants had less than a 5 minute wait. It was wonderful...cold but not freezing. Rained only at night (late). All the museums had coat checks - no charge - which we used as they were quite warm and comfortable inside. Have a great time. We are already planning a trip back.




|||



Oh.. what a relief! Thanks for the info.. I will be leaving for Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam next week for 2 weeks. I guess I shouldn%26#39;t worry about that anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment