Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yet Another Metro/Carte Orange/Versailles Question

Hello-





We are arriving in Paris on a Wednesday so we were planning to buy a Carte Orange for the getting around. On Sunday, we plan to visit Versailles for the day. I was wondering if I should by a Carte Orange that includes the zone for Versailles (is it zone 2 or 3?) just buy the train ticket separately on Sunday? Which way is cheaper?





Thank you!




|||



The round trip fare from central Paris to Versailles was $5.40 round trip when I was there in November. I believe you have to go beyond zone 2 or 3 to Versailles, but check the metro web site www.ratp.fr for zones and carte orange pricing. I believe it is cheaper to buy the minimum zone carte orange and pay the single trip ticket to Versailles, but check the web site.




|||



Versailles is Zone 4. Just buy the RER ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment