Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Which District/Quarter/Area is better to stay?

Hi, I am a young male taking my mother to Paris and London for her birthday in March. Have been to Paris before when I was 13 so don%26#39;t remember much. I am looking for a reasonably priced hotel (about 90-100 EUR) with breakfast included. I have been browsing the travel sites but I go back and forth between Opera and Latin Quarter. I noticed that hotels in other areas are cheaper. Could anyone provide some helpfull information as which area would be better to stay. Ideally we want a real parisian area that is safe but yet lively and with nearby restaurants and cafes. Thanks!




|||



The Baron Haussman was really able to dig his claws into the Opera area, destroying the densely populated tenements, installing beautiful large apartment buildings and creating vast tree lined boulevards, where as the latin quarter was left more or less alone, with its more compact streets and quaint neighborhoods.



It comes down to a question of taste, as both neighborhoods are well served by public transportation and are equally well located for sight seeing. My personal vote goes for the Latin Quarter, although I ultimately prefer the nearby St Germain area.




|||



Thanks Good2Go. I will concentrate my hotel search in the Latin Quarter and St Germain as you recomended. From what I have researched and from what you described it is ultimatly what I am looking for. Any HOTEL suggestions in those 2 areas?




|||



A clean, well located, and affordable place is the Lindbergh on the rue Chomel www.hotellindbergh.com. Nothing fancy, but walking distance to St Germain des Pres where all the action is, while still on a quiet neighborhood street. Nice of you to take your Mom to Paris.




|||



Good2Go, I checked out your hotel recomendation and its a little beyond my budget, even though it looks like a nice hotel. Do you have any other suggestions in St. Germain or Latin Quarter? Anybody?? Thanks!




|||



try a short term apartment rental - then you can cook your own meals (or at least some of them) - a huge saving! try


http://www.my-apartment-in-paris.com


good luck




|||



just a thought - you could try a short term apartment rental, that way you could make some of your own meals - a huge saving.


try http://www.my-apartment-in-paris.com



good luck!




|||



Try looking up Hotel Claude Bernard in the 5th.



I have stay there twice, a good hotel for a



reasonable price.




|||



Try the Hotel Rive Gauche, http://www.hotelrivegauche.com , anice 2 stars hotel located in teh famous Saint Germain des pres, in the rue des saint peres.



Enjoy Paris




|||



Another area which is not far from anywhere is %26quot;les marais%26quot; 75004. Pretty, restos and bars and most shops open on a Sunday.




|||



We just returned from a stay in the Latin Quarter at the Hotel Sainte Christophe. It was perfect. About 15 steps from the Metro and convenient to everything. We loved the area - great place to walk - wonderful market just at the Metro. Everything was very convenient and the people at Saint Christophe were delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment