Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dinner for 10 in Paris

I am heading to Paris to celebrate my 40th birthday with 9 other friends in early April 2005. I%26#39;m looking for a restaurant which meets the following criteria:





1) reasonably affordable (I know it%26#39;s Paris so I expect the definition of %26#39;reasonable%26#39; to be open to interpretation)



2) Parisian atmosphere and charm



3) NOT a tourist trap



4) Can accommodate a group of 10





I know many Parisian restaurants are small and quaint. Will I need to sacrifice the charm in order to accommodate a larger group? Any and all suggestions welcome!



Thanks




|||



Le Pavillon Montsouris is a lovely restaurant. It is located by the park. I was very charmed by this restaurant that I found in the Eyewitness Paris guide. And I would have to say that it felt like the locals went to this restaurant. It was not a tourist trap. I was the only one with a camera when I went to this restaurant.





pavillon-montsouris.fr/anglais/etablissement…





Sincerely,





Diana




|||



le Vin Sobre in the 5th, 25 rue Feuillantines on the corner of rue St Jacques 01 43 29 00 23 is a quitessentially Paris place with a row of tables in the back that could easily accomodate your party. A great wine list and the location can%26#39;t be beat.



Le 7eme Sens...7, rue Cadet in the 9th 01 48 24 19 61 also has a row of tables that could be placed together for your party. The food is good, it is really off the beaten path and it is too new to have been discovered.




|||



Any of the better brasseries; Le Dome, Bofinger, La Coupole can do large groups easily. Menus are generally broad as well as wine lists, so everyone should be happy. The three above also have quite a bit of atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment