Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Paris in October

My husband and I are planning a trip to Paris Oct 14-21 for our 5th wedding anniversary. (Well I%26#39;m doing the planning - he%26#39;s driving to/from Atlanta airport.) My travel agent has stated the climate will be similar to that of NYC.





What kind of weather can I expect? Will the trees be changing colors? Will the tourist season be slowing at this time?




|||



October is one of the best months to go. Crisp but often sunny. Yes, the trees change color there. Less crowds and all the shows are on. Probably my favorite month to be there.




|||



Thanks BeeBee! What kind of jacket do you take? I%26#39;m thinking of a short trench coat in case of rain. I saw your location is WI.. I moved to SC from WI 3 years ago. Would the weather be similar to Milwaukee/Madison in Oct?




|||



Yes, the weather is similiar and that means it can be all over the place. But usually less rain than in the spring. Though last August we had at least one rain shower per day on every day but one. Make sure to have an umbrella handy. It might be quite cool in the evenings, too. (Though it can just as easily be warm.) One fun thing to do though is go shopping for a warm coat! October is a great choice. Have fun, leinie gal. Leinenkugel??




|||



Just couldn%26#39;t resist a reply, since we were just there in October, 2004 for our honeymoon. First time I%26#39;ve visited in the fall, as I%26#39;ve always visited in the spring or early summer before, as I recall.



The weather was lovely for the most part, sunny and highs in the 60%26#39;s-70%26#39;s. You are right to go prepared for the rain, though. We were there for 7 days on this trip and got some rain for 2 of the days. I have to say, though, that I always enjoy a little rain in Paris, it just feels so much more pleasant than rain back home. I%26#39;d even suggest a little stroll in the rain as long as it%26#39;s not pouring... there%26#39;s something very romantic about Paris in the rain. Have fun and happy anniversary...uh, 9 months from now.




|||



My girlfriends and I went in October and had beautiful weather (4 years ago). The flowers were still blooming in the parks. We wore lightweight wool jackets or sweaters, didn%26#39;t need gloves or hats; neckscarves are all the rage there now and can keep you warm. We brought small travel umbrellas in case it rained and the only day it rained was the day we left. Lucky us! You%26#39;ll love it.




|||



My wife and I were in Paris this past October (11-16 and 25-27) and it rained for 3 out of the 7 days but we didn%26#39;t mind it even being from sunny California. We were glad were had scarfs, gloves and a rain jacket though as the temperatures were often in the 40%26#39;s for lows, 60%26#39;s on for highs on sunny days. I remember we got stuck in a downpair after leaving the Louvre so having an umbrella would be smart. Paris is beautiful when it%26#39;s wet with all the lights shimmering throughout the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment