Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Any info on Frejus or Hotel Thallasotherapie?

My fiancee and me are booking our honeymoon in this region and were wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Frejus and the Hotel Thallasotherapie. From their pictures it looks like quite a chilled out place with the advantage of being central to most of the attractions on the Cote d%26#39;Azur. Is this correct? We%26#39;re heading off in early September. Thanks!




|||



I stayed in Frejus during the past 3 summers and 2 springs. I love the place. Although there is a train stop in Frejus, but the service is not very as regular as from St. Raphael which is 8 mins away by car. I have a car there, so I get around easily no fuss. If you don%26#39;t plan to hire a car, then the train will be your key transport during your visit. I say this is sufficient. If you take the train from Frejus, there is a time-table printed on the door. You could pick up a free time-table from major stations such as Nice and St. Raphael, don%26#39;t think you can in Frejus. Take the TER type train, it is a double-decker modern train. It stops at all the major stations along the coast of French Riviera. Sit in the upper deck to the right to get the best view out of the window assumming you are travelling towards Nice, hence head east along the coast.





Your fiancee if she likes fashions or shopping then she will like Cannes. Spend two days in Nice. Spend one day in Monaco, get up early for this one to allow travel time of two hours or more.





I usually put my guests in the Hotel Le Flore or Hotel Kyriad. Although the former is a 2 star, but my friends did like that. The latter is near a big supermarket called the Giant and it is 15 mins easy-pace walking distance to the sea fronts and 10 mins walking distance to the train station. I have not experienced with Hotel Thallasotherapie, but if you are happy with the pictures, then I suppose that is what the hotel will offer you.





If you do consider hiring a car, then you could head west from Frejus to St. Tropez for a cup of coffee at the harbour admiring those beautiful yachts. Driving in this region is easy, in September a lot of children will return to school. The place will get less busy, but retired people and late holiday-makers will still be taking advantage of the very warm Meditarrenean Sea.





I hope you both have a lovely time.

No comments:

Post a Comment