Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Concours Generale Agricole

I heard that this fair starts this year on Feb 26. We have been to Paris a number of times, so we have seen the major sites, and are always up for the off beat. Has anyone been to this as a tourist in the past, and have any comments/descriptions/suggestions?


Thanks




|||



Well I was thinking of posting some info about the Salon de l%26#39;Agriculture here for info..





I%26#39;d strongly suggest to a tourist to go there for a simple reason : it is the largest fair in France, where thousands of producers from every regions of the country gather to sell their products, whether it%26#39;s wine, local specialities, Sausages, foies gras, cakes, fruits and so on.





So it%26#39;s an exceptionnal opportunity to see almost ALL the food and drink products that France can offer in a single place.




|||



I went when I was here as a student twenty years ago and I remember there being lots of yummy tastings. I also remember purveyors were only selling to the trade, but that did not stop my husband%26#39;s kleptomaniac cousine from stealing about a case worth of goods under our very noses without us ever suspecting a thing... by the time I had figured out what had happended we had already feasted on the ill-gotten goods!

No comments:

Post a Comment