Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Best establishments sit and relax with a drink at night?

My boyfriend and I will be heading to Paris in April [staying in the 5ieme arr.]. In terms of atmosphere, we are mostly pub people here although we do plan to check out some jazz clubs. Could someone suggest a nice pub/cafe/wine bar with perhaps a patio for people watching? Music/no music is fine but preferably something relaxed that we could hit after a long day of being on our feet?





We%26#39;re in our late 20s [if that matters] and I am bilingual, so a place where the staff is all francophone is not a problem either.




|||



Relatively speaking, I%26#39;m a Paris neophyte, but I%26#39;ll tell you what my wife and I really enjoyed in that area on our two visits to the city.





There are a couple of cafes/pubs that surround the Place Contrescarpe (sp?) along Rue Mouffetard where we spent several evenings just relaxing and watching life go by. We had the feeling of being in a real Parisian neighborhood, watching students coming back from class, men and women coming home from work, and I swear I saw a kid running home with a loaf of french bread, just like that famous photo by what%26#39;s his name.





Also, not far away, over by the Luxuembourg Gardens and just down the street from the Pantheon, there is a big cafe/restaurant that sweeps the entire corner. It is at the intersection of Boulevard Saint Michel, Rue Soufflot and Rue de Medicis. Its probably a hugely famous cafe, but there is a ton of activity going on and great for people watching. There is an internet cafe around the corner too. Those are the two that come to mind - I%26#39;d love to hear other comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment