Thursday, March 29, 2012

phone card

Hi, Does anyone know which phone card is the best for calling back home to the states? I will be calling from a regular phone.




|||



Peli,





Not being sure exactly what you are asking, I thought I would share how we call back home. We buy a prepaid French phone card in any Tabac and use it. You can get them starting at 15 euros, if I remember rightly. Just put it in the phone slot and dial your international number. It seems to be fairly reasonable if you dont talk too long. The card will charge itself and the next time you put it in the phone it will tell you how many units are left (and cut you off when there are no more). Mostly all the public phones there need a card. Hope this helps




|||



I really liked the phone card from iradium.fr Last December I could not locate this brand from any tabac store around the Latin Qtr. I had bought it from the tabac shop on Blvd. St. Germain not too far from the church.





I really liked the iradium card because it was the easiest to use.





Another one that was good is a brand called Maxicall.





The one I hated and would never recommend is the card that the post office sells. At least the post office on Ile St. Louis sells that brand. Sorry, I was so glad to use up my minutes I threw it away so I don%26#39;t have the name brand to give you. I just know it was way complicated with no English instructions. It took me about 45 minutes the first time to guess how to use it. All instructions were in French.





Iradium and Maxicall have English instructions.





They both cost around 7.50 euro per card and each approximately gives you 50 minutes. Also you can use the cards at both public and private (hotel) phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment