Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Paris for Valentines Day!

Hello,



I am travelling to Paris this Friday for the Valentines Day weekend, and was hoping for some information before I arrive. I have never visited the city before and obviously plan to make the most of my 5 day break, so any info would be greatly appreciated.



I plan to get from A to B via the Metro, but being a nightowl wondered if this is potentially safe in the later hours?



Which shows must not be missed on a trip to Paris?



I want to experience a good Night club on the Saturday, could someone recommend a venue with a good mix/ music/ friendly atmosphere? For reference, I am 26 and enjoy Dance / RnB music.



Is Paris really as expensive as made out?




Thanks very much to anyone who can help.




|||



Paris is expensive, but you%26#39;ll be bringing along pounds, so that should help and it is considerably cheaper than London.



As for the metro, it is pretty safe, but closes too early (last trains around 1 am) for much clubbing, so you%26#39;ll need to budget for a taxi, or walk.



I don%26#39;t know a specific club, but the area around the Bastille is swarming with 26 year olds on Saturday nights.




|||



Teemsta, I hope you don%26#39;t mind me asking this in your thread... but we will also be in Paris on Valentines Day. Do the Parisians celebrate Valentines Day? Will I even notice it%26#39;s that day while there?




|||



Good question Atlantamoi!!





I can say that I am not 100% sure. I would imagine that they would to be honest, if only to make money from all us visitors going over for some romance!!





By the way, thanks for the info Good2Go.




|||



You%26#39;ll notice when you try to book a resturant and realise that most are full :)





Valentines (yet another Hallmark Holiday) probably isn%26#39;t as big as in USA/UK but there%26#39;ll be a lot of more people eating out this Monday than on a normal Monday.




|||



Doh! You are probably right... even if they don%26#39;t really get into it I%26#39;m sure there will be Americans there to lap it all up. Of course, ANY DAY in Paris is romantic (as a tourist that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment