Thursday, March 29, 2012

i think kdksail,alex or good2go recommended a hotel in the...

the hotel was either on the ildelacite or definitely in the 4th arrond. i recall that all the rooms had jacuzzi tub or atleast the majority of them. i think it was 4 star and on the website there was a man sitting down with a boat passing on the seine. the site was brown in color i think. i looked for the thread but i did not see it.




|||



I didn%26#39;t mean to imply that anyone else could not help me, I simply thought i recalled one of these posters suggesting this property. But I certainly welcome help from anyone and everyone.




|||



If the hotel was located on Ile de Saint Louis then you can pretty much narrow your choices down to one of only four(4) hotels on the island----and only one(1) of these a 4-star. See if any of these look familiar to you:





HOTEL du JEU de PAUME (4-star)-- (this is probably tje one)



http://www.jeudepaumehotel.com/





HOTEL des DEUX-ILES (3-star)-- deuxiles-paris-hotel.com/english/the-hotel-0…





HOTEL de LUTECE (3-star)-- paris-hotel-lutece.com/english/the-hotel-01.…





HOTEL SAINT LOUIS (3-star)-- hotels.parishotels.com/hotel-direct.php…




|||



Neither of these hotels were a match. The hotel was on the il st louis i thought, maybe it was in another district close to the ildelcacite?




|||



I found it KDKSAIL and you were the culprit :). I went back over the threads more closely and I located it. The name of the hotel is Relais-H��tel du Vieux Paris . I have no idea why I thought it was in the 4th arr. but I am guessing b/c I remembered seeing Notre Dame on the website.



Anyway, can you tell me a little bit about the area Saint germain des Pres? Is rue ge lit couer too out of the way?




|||



HAve you seen their map?





vieuxparis.com/COMMUN_FICHIER/PLAN_D_ACCEES.…





I don%26#39;t think you could get a better location :)




|||



thanks ptegan, no I had not seen the map. The location does look very good. How far do you think it is from the Louvre? Should I be able to find food ok near b/c I don%26#39;t think the hotel has a restaurant?




|||



Clarice, This hotel is in a very good neighborhood, you will be drowning in dining choices... everything from crepes-to-go to fine dining is available within a block of your hotel.



A lighthearted warning... you will have a hard time walking from your hotel to any of the sights because you are going to be so distracted by all of the cool window shopping along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment