Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Grand Hotel Jeanne d'Arc?????

After reading good reviews about Grand Hotel Jeanne d%26#39;Arc few months ago, I%26#39;ve finally made a reservation with the hotel. Then...just in case...when I checked reviews about this hotel now, many people said this hotel was not good. I know location is great, but is the hotel that bad? that smelly? If so...do I have time to book another hotel or just stick with it? I will be there at 2/24. Suddenly it became a huge problem with me...help me...please...




|||



Here are a couple of threads on another forum to read:





www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp…





www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp…





I think sometimes people just don%26#39;t know what to expect of a budget hotel in Paris, and therefore they are disappointed. The rooms will be cleaned but not flawless (might show some wear or have scuffs on the baseboards, etc.) The furnishings might be well-coordinated but then again... The desk or dresser might have a nick here and there... Sometimes in older buildings there is not much insulation in the walls so you hear hallway sounds and sometimes people in the ajoining rooms. For people who are accustomed to an American mid-level chain (Holiday Inn, Fairfield etc) budget hotels in Europe can be an eye-opener. But what do you need in a hotel? A safe and clean place to lay your head at night for a reasonable price. You will spend very little time there... it will probably be fine, many other people thought so (most reviews are positive)...




|||



Thank you very much for your insight. I was just shocked at the first time since this is our first trip to Paris, but I totally understand what you are saying and agree. Thanks, again.




|||



Try the Hotel Rive Gauche, http://www.hotelrivegauche.com/ a nice 2 stars hotel located in the middle of Saint germain des pres, it has the same price as the Grand Hotel Jeanne D%26#39;Arc, but I can assure you that this hotel is really clean and nice. It is a great hotel. It has a veru good location.



Try it




|||



Read this review also:





www.virtualtourist.com/vt/18308/3/1516a/

No comments:

Post a Comment