Tuesday, March 27, 2012

easy to get to Kehl?

I will be visiting Strasbourg and staying at the Hotel des Arts on the Place du March�� aux cochons de Lait. How easy is it to get to Kehl? I won%26#39;t have a car. Is there a bus? Is it walkable? I don%26#39;t mind walking several miles but I don%26#39;t want to walk a marathon either.



Also, I assume there%26#39;s no formal border crossing or checkpoint anymore, correct? Thanks.




|||



It would be a pretty good walk to Kehl from where you are staying. Maybe 5-7 miles. You can get there easy by going to the main train station and hopping a train. I don%26#39;t know if any Strasbourg city buses service Kehl. You are correct, there is no longer any boarder crossing. Ask at the Tourist Info center located on the first floor undergraound at the main train station. They are very helpful and speaking English is generally very widespread in Strasbourg. (More like Germany than France.) You may be able to take the above ground inner-city tram to it%26#39;s furthest east point and walk easily from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment