Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Walking problems - Moleskin????

I%26#39;ve seen this mentioned in several threads, but I%26#39;ve never heard of it. What is moleskin? It seems to have something to do with relieving blisters, but could someone please fill me in? And where can I buy it??



Thanks!




|||



Is this what you mean?





www.drscholls.com/product.aspx?prodid=50




|||



Hi



Moleskin is awesome. Find it in the footcare section and yes Dr Scholl%26#39;s is one brand. It is fuzzy and flesh toned on one side and sticky on the other. You cut it to the size and shape you need and slap it directly on the sore spot or blister on your foot. It says not to put it on blisters but we always clean the spot and do so anyway if they aren%26#39;t large and haven%26#39;t popped (don%26#39;t mean to get gross here). I became acquainted with it in the US Navy during basic training. The docs would slap this on you and you reported back to your company for further training. Leave it on (through showers and all) until it falls off in 2-3 days...



Happy walking, and hopefully you won%26#39;t need moleskin.




|||



They have a great alternative to moleskins in the pharmacies in France. They may have it in the US, too. It is a hightech solution that helps you heal quickly. If you%26#39;ve got a blister in Paris, show it to the pharmacist (or use the word ampule) and they%26#39;ll know what to give you. It is a walkers dream.




|||



Forget expensive moleskin. You need a roll of sports tape from the local Walgreens or Walmart. (you%26#39;re Canadian, but you must have a similar store). It%26#39;s a roll about an inch wide, sort of %26#39;cloth%26#39; based. You go walking the first day and see where you are going to have %26#39;rub%26#39; spots. Next day, you tear off a piece of the sports tape and cover each %26#39;rub%26#39; spot. Do this everyday the rest of your trip. You will not get any blisters. I do this every trip (past 9 times) and have never had a problem again. By the way, regular old %26#39;bandaids%26#39; are useless for this problem.




|||



I learned the hard way to pack moleskin as a travel necessity. In Sept 2004 I developed a severe blister on the bottom of my foot after touring Verseilles. I tried to buy moleskin at a French pharmacy near my hotel in Paris, but they didn%26#39;t understand what moleskin was and sold me corn removers instead. I was able to buy moleskin on a side trip to London and it saved my vacation. Don%26#39;t leave home without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment