Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bed and Breakfasts In Paris

Hi,


My husband and I are traveling to Paris in April and are looking for a bed and breakfast or a great hotel that won%26#39;t break our budget for four nights. Any feedback of any hotels that you would recommend would be great.



Donna




|||



Here is a list of some rive gauche hotels that have been recommended by posters to this site:



Hotel de Fleurie



Hotel de Verneiul



Hotel Lindbergh



de Fleurie seems to get the most raves, de Verneuil goes a bit further back and the Lindbergh is a very clean, simple, well located neighborhood place that I use for our out of town guests.




|||



Try the Hotel Villa fenelon, http://www.villa-fenelon.com/ it is a nice 2 stars hotel located not too far from the Opera, it is the typical charming hotel, have a look at the webiste, you will understand what I mean.The hotel is clean and nicely decorated, it is situated in a calm street. It is a great hotel with reasonables prices.



I hope it will be helpfull




|||



There is a bed %26amp; breakfast organization called %26quot;Alcove %26amp; Agapes%26quot; that was most helpful to me. It%26#39;s run by a lovely woman named Francoise Foret. She acts as a liaison between Parisians who open up their homes and travellers who want a more personal experience where they stay. I read about her in Sandra Gustafson%26#39;s %26quot;Great Sleeps in Paris.%26quot; I emailed Francoise and she sent back a detailed questionnaire for me to fill out, and after reviewing my responses, she emailed me a couple of recommendations that fit our requirements/wants. Each place has it%26#39;s own private link on her website that you can only view once she%26#39;s sent it to you. We were able to look at the 2 places in much detail and make our choice.





For 125e a night, we are staying in a 17th century apartment building on Ile St. Louis -- exactly where we had wanted to stay in Paris in the first place. We have a room in the apartment that has its own private entrance. The host couple are bilingual (he%26#39;s French, she%26#39;s British) and the place is beautifully decorated with antiques. Breakfast is included each morning, and they will cook an English/American breakfast if you like, or the more traditional French one with croissants, etc. If you stay 4 days or longer they will do some laundry for free. They also offer dinners (the man is a chef!) and private walking tours, cooking lessons...all for a small fee. And I believe they only have one room for guests, so we will be the only guests there, so will be given wonderful attention, when we want it. :)





To me, this is a steal. I looked at just about every hotel under 150e...and many, many up to 200e a night and really didn%26#39;t find many that had much character or that were large enough to relax in, aside from on the bed. Since we%26#39;ll be there for a week, we wanted someplace we could come back to and sprawl out a bit from time to time. And really, most of the rooms looked fairly generic. (i said to my husband that I wanted to feel like I was in Europe, not Detroit!) While the room itself at the B%26amp;B isn%26#39;t huge, we will have the lounge in the apartment to relax in, and the hosts to converse with and practice our French with, etc. It sounds wonderful, to my mind.





Francoise%26#39;s email is info@bed-and-breakfast-in-paris.com. The website is bed-and-breakfast-in-paris.com. I found the main website a bit awkward to navigate (but I was on a Mac, so maybe that was the problem)...but Francoise herself has been nothing but helpful and delightful, and I can hardly wait to get to our lovely accommodations. (We%26#39;re going in June.)





In all of the research I did (I spent almost 2 weeks solid on the net researching hotels, and also bought several guidebooks), here is the list of ones that looked lovely, had some rooms that weren%26#39;t miniscule, (or if the rooms were small, the place had other qualities that made me want to go) and were around 200e or less (which is still kind of pricey...I%26#39;d rather spend my euros on the food!!!):





Hotel Relais Saint-Jacques



Hotel de Lutece



Hotel Des Duex-Iles



Hotel Duc de Saint-Simon



Rives de Notre Dame (right on the Seine!)



Le Relais du Louvre (suite #52 has a couch and chair)



Hotel St. Paul - 190e for a suite



Hotel Lenox St. Germain -- Their %26quot;Attic Room%26quot; for 200e



Hotel Relais Bosquet -- Superior room is 170e. At the time of my research, 23 out of 23 review on tripadvisor were raves!





Hope this is helpful.





All the best,



Nina





P.S. If you do write to Francoise, please let her know I referred you!

No comments:

Post a Comment