Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lavender ice cream

Several years ago we ate at Moulins de Mougin in the South of France (I understand the restaurant has since closed). Aside from it being one of THE best dining experiences in my life, I remember the wonderful lavender ice cream I had for dessert. I have not been very successful finding a similar ice cream in the U.S. and thought it was a French specialty.





Will I be able to find my lavender ice cream when I go to Paris in May?





I am looking forward to our trip - not just the ice cream.





Thank you,





Michelle




|||



i had that in Nice and it was so divine I had it every day we were there....... have not yet seen it here in Paris.




|||



There is an ice creamery, Mootime, in San Diego that has it, Lavande restaurant in Santa Monica does also. Sorry, don%26#39;t know about Paris but if you are ever in Ca. try those out.



I have a great recipe too, if you want it I will send it to you.




|||



what a great idea for a flavor!! Now why didn%26#39;t Baskin Robbins or Howard Johnson%26#39;s think of that? (Aside from the fact that lavender is typically French, right?)




|||



sort of brings to mind the OUTSTANDING rose petal flavored macaroons I had from Laduree....also really unique




|||



can you just imagine the two things together?!? I%26#39;d be in floral dessert heaven! :o)




|||



The place in Nice also had honey, thyme and rosemary... yum!



For some exotic ice cream here go to



Berthillon - 31, rue saint Louis en l%26#39;Ile - 01 43 54 31 61



Le Bac �� Glaces - 109, rue du Bac - 01 45 48 87 65



Chez Raimo - 61, Bd de Reuilly - 01 43 43 70 17




|||



I went to Le Train Bleu last night and had some of the best chocolate ice cream ever to pass my lips and when I was writing about it today, I noticed that they had lavendar ice cream on the menu!



They procure their chocolate and lavendar ice cream from Les Sorbets de St Mande (yes, it was that good...I actually called this morning to ask where it came from), which is not in Paris and does not have a retail outlet, but if the lavendar is anything close to the choc., I%26#39;d make a trip to the Train Bleu, even if you only want the dessert!



The menu is on their website www.le-train-bleu.com. I only see the lavendar ice cream on the tasting menu, but I they may accommodate your special needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment