Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rue Cler

I have almost finished my itinerary. I will have a rash of questions now before I finalize. First off, one morning we plan to visit Rue Cler. Can I assume we can get a wonderful cafe au lait and pain au chocolat there? I try never to assume though. Anyone have a favorite patisserie there? Assuming there is one there.





Finally, it looks like it would be a beautiful walk to Musee Rodin afterwards. Correct?





Many thanks everyone! More questions to come.




|||



rue Cler is a market street, so you will have no problem finding a creme and pain au chocolat.



If I was planning the outing, I%26#39;d start at the Poujauran bakery on the rue Jean Nicot. It is one of the best in the city. And for the walk to the Rodin, this is not the most direct route, but I like the rue St Dominique from the rue Cler to the Esplanade, then I%26#39;d head down towards the Invalides and follw the most direct path from there.




|||



Thank you so much Good! Awesome info. This is just what I was looking for.




|||



dear gourmand,



please let us know about your trip upon return! i will be renting an apartment very near there march 18-26.



thanks!



patricia ...and, bon voyage!




|||



If you have a Museum pass you can make a quick stop in the Invalides to visit Napoleon%26#39;s Tomb. We stayed near Rue Cler and walked from the Musee Rodin back to our hotel. It was a very pleasant walk.





My favorite bistro on Rue Cler for cafe au lait was the Petite Brsserie PTT, near the post office, just around the corner on Rue Cler from the Ecole Militaire metro station.




|||



Patricia, unfortunately, we will pass one another! I am leaving March 10 and coming back March 21.





Thank you to everyone for all the ideas on cafes at Rue Cler. Excellent advice. And the walking too. Although I switched Musee Rodin to another day when it made more sense on my itinerary.




|||



Although it has been several years since I stayed



on the Rue Cler, my recollection is that there was



a good cafe and two excellent patisseries there.





Whenever you do go to the Rodin Museum you will



have both the house and the garden to enjoy.



I go there each time I visit Paris and enjoy sitting



at the far end of the fountain and just taking



in beauty of the surroundings as well as others



enjoying it also. I hope it is as pleasant for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment