Thursday, March 29, 2012

Which area (arrondisement) to stay at??

Hey folks,


Just wanted to see if I could get any suggestions on which arrondisement my fiance and I should book our hotel in. We are in our mid-late 20%26#39;s, and would prefer a great location, close proximity to sightseeing, convenient metro access, lively nightlife, and restaurants, not to mention safe also. I%26#39;d really appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!




|||



I think if you look anywhere in arrondissements 1-7 you will find something that is in a good location, close to metro access (almost anywhere is anyway), with things nearby, and im pretty sure everywhere in these districts are safe.





perhaps others can narrow it down for the best nightlife and restaurants though.




|||



As has been suggested any of the 1-7 arrondissements will serve for convenience but specifically for neighborhood restaurants nightlife and entertainment, you might want to narrow your choices down to the 3rd-Marais on the Right Bank or the 5th-Latin Quarter or 6th-Saint Germain des Pres. You can probably scratch the 7th-Invalides/Ecole Militaire off your list as being a bit too quiet and dull.




|||



1-7 would be my parameters also.



I am biased though toward the 5th -



the Latin Quarter. I have stayed there several



times and was at the center of what you described.



For sight seeing there is the Cluny Museum,



the Pantheon, Luxembourg Park, the restaurants



on Rue Muffetard, night life near Blvd St. Germain.



There are at least 5 metro stops there.



You will be 3-4 blocks fron the Seine. You can



cross over several bridges to Isle de la Cite



(a neat place to explore) and then go over



to the right bank.





And that is just for starts in your neighboorhood.




|||



Sin contest the Latin Quarter!!




|||



1-6 is usually just fine.





I%26#39;d say 7 is a little calm for me as are places in the 2nd.





3rd (Marais) will always be my favourite palce to hang out in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment