Tuesday, March 27, 2012

emergency-booking through sncf

Help! I just went to book our train reservation...Paris to Toulouse on Wed. 2-23-05. TGV 8511 leaving at 8:20 am. The entire reservation looks good until I get to the final page and it has put the reservation in my basket....everything so far has said WEDNESDAY 23-2-05, BUT in my basket it says TUESDAY 23-2-05!!!!!!!!!! What should I do? Anyone else had this happen? I don%26#39;t want to pay for it and print it out and find that it is a train on Tuesday. Since it is non-refund or exchange this is kind of important. I am going back to the website now to look for customer service, but since I don%26#39;t speak French I am concerned....




|||



i dont know the problem, from the moment 23-02 is written on the ticket, it means you are leaving the 23, that%26#39;s the most important. their website has probably a mistake but since you put 23, i think it%26#39;s ok but maybe you can call to be sure.




|||



I just sent a message via online for their %26#39;contact%26#39; area. I didn%26#39;t see a phone number, only address to write to via snail mail (regular post). That won%26#39;t help being that we are so close to leaving. I hope they get back to me soon.




|||



DON%26#39;T PANIC......I just tried the identical itinerary and got the SAME Tuesday for Wednesday error. Frankly, I wouldn%26#39;t worry about it. It%26#39;s obviously a %26#39;glitch%26#39; in their internal calendar. So long as the DATE is correct (regardless of the day-of-the-week, you%26#39;ll be just fine. Tickets are issued for specific DATES not DAYS.





If you%26#39;re that worried, the last listing I have for the an ENGLISH language Customer Service telephone number (dialing FROM the US) of the SNCF is:



011.33.8.92.35.35.39




|||



It happens to me all the time, and yet the confirmation always has it right and I%26#39;ve never had a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment