Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rainy Day in Paris

Bonjour! Leaving for Paris in a couple of days for a long weekend. I notice (not via a crystal ball!) that the weather is supposed to be rainy Fri/Sat/Sun. Oh well, it%26#39;s still Paris. I%26#39;ve been there a couple times before and will spend some time in the Louvre but I was looking for other suggestions (besides museums, most of which I have seen) for indoor activities in Paris that might be fun or interesting to see or do. My wife and I are mid-forties, have lived in Europe (Spain) as teenagers, enjoy foreign cultures, sights/sounds (even the smells!) to give you an idea of who we are. Would appreciate some ideas or hear about your favorite Paris indoor haunts. Merci.




|||



Sit in a cafe and watch the world go by



Hang out in the sculpture galleries of the Louvre



How about visiting the some of the historic Passages



Take a day trip to Reims



Walk in the rain along the quais of the Seine



Tour the sewer system at musee des egouts



When all else fails, shop




|||



Why not doing something unusual : go to one of the FNAC shops, to the shows tickets booth, ask the salesperson to select for you a show (concert, rock night, dance or theater or whatever you like, most of these guys speaks english a little) and go there for the evening ? This way you will spend some times that otherwise you%26#39;d never do..





You can have the FNAC shops list and a selection of shows actually in Paris on www.fnac.com (in French unfortunatly)




|||



Thanks G2G and Denys...good suggestions. My wife especially agrees with the %26quot;when all else fails, shop!%26quot;. Glass of red wine and watch the world pass by sounds inviting too.




|||



We went to Paris for our honeymoon 10 years ago in April and it rained everyday. One time we had to go back to the hotel so I could change my boots that were soaked(what can I say, I %26#39;m from sunny California). We are going back this April for a anniversary and we are prepared for the rain (we live in the NW now) and it rains here almost everyday.





My most fun times were walking around the city with a umbrella and seeing everything and sitting in a cafe eating and watching the people. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment