Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Buffet Breakfasts

Hi,



I am wondering on the off chance if Paris has any all you can eat breakfast type things?



I mean things like bread and pastries etc.



Or is just for places like America?





Thanks




|||





I don%26#39;t know of any and I%26#39;d imagine that there aren%26#39;t too many around.





Due to the fact that compared to the USA (and UK for that matter) there are very few all-you-can-eat restaurants in town for dinner, I think that finding for a breakfast one would be harder.





Buffets are normally brunchs so if you could get an early one maybe it%26#39;d do :)




|||



I don%26#39;t think the French are %26quot;into%26quot; the all-U-can-eat mentality...they prefer a leisurely meal prepared with care, a glass of wine and good conversation. %26quot;Bellying up%26quot; just doesn%26#39;t happen there. The French don%26#39;t eat a big breakfast - but hotels will make somewhat of an exception to suit their foreign clientele. Breakfasts in your hotel will usually be a basket of breads/croissants placed on your table; sometimes there will be a buffet of self-serve but you will not be appreciated much if you demonstrate %26#39;greediness%26#39;.





Besides, you don%26#39;t want to load up at one place - half the fun is stepping into a patisserie and choosing from all the delicious and beautiful-looking pastries, sampling different ones each day from a new place you just discovered.




|||



I cannot wait to try all teh different pastries etc.





Thanks




|||



Most hotels have a breakfast buffet and they are really good, however, check to see if it is included in the price of the room because it can be rather expensive if it isn%26#39;t. The french tend to drink coffee and eat a crossiant on the go in the morning. There is a place we ate at called An American Breakfast. I think it%26#39;s in the 6th and is really good and resonably priced.




|||



Some 3* and most (all?) 4* hotels will have a breakfast buffet. I generally like to have a large breakfast (usually skip lunch, or maybe just have wine and dessert).





I%26#39;m not sure, but I would think that the 4* luxe hotels are open for breakfast for those who are not guests. You might want to try the Hotel Lutetia.





Also, there is a fantastic cafe called Breakfast in America (I know, I know) where you can get pancakes. It is located on rue des Ecoles near rue Monge. When I was there last summer the place was filled with locals.




|||



%26quot;Breakfast in America%26quot; is pretty much always filled with locals, both French and non-French. I%26#39;d say go there just to see if it compares with home (it%26#39;s run by an American chef).




|||



I was also referring to Breakfast in America. Sorta got it right. Anyway, it is a fun pace to go for breakfast. Also, does anyone know anything about that monoprix cafeteria? We were there once years ago. I think it may be in the 1st on Rue Di Rivoli. You can always go to Angelinas and have hot chocolate for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment