Thursday, April 19, 2012

Intercontinental Le Grand "Club Floor"

Well, it%26#39;s done . My husband has made the reservation. It%26#39;s for a junior suite with access to the club floor. I read all the posts from everyone that has stayed there.


How did you people get those amazing rates


One has to pay an additional 120 euros/day for the access to the %26quot;club floor%26quot;.


Please let me in on the secret!




|||



Hi,



What is the deal with the junior suite? How much is the room? I am interested too. Please help.




|||



I am staying at this hotel too!!!! In july~ We are paying $333 euros a night and I became an ambassador member on the advise of another member on this forum and will get a free room upgrade and a free night hotel night~



Sue




|||



Hi,





We got the amazing rate of less then $200US/night by using a promotion that AMEX platium card advertised. It was an upgrade to a junior suite and one night free for each night paid. The promotion expired December 31st. It had to be booked online and when I booked it, the lowest rate available was $277E/night for a club room. It was a fantastic deal. I found out about it from a poster at Fodors.





When you figure the cost of food, drinks, coffee, etc., I think the $120 extra per day will be worth it. I have to have lots of coffee in the morning and it is running $5-10 a cup. There is a nice buffet continental breakfast with fantastic juices and they will cook eggs to order. Juice, water, coffee (don%26#39;t know about soft drinks..don%26#39;t drink them) are available all day along with snacks. On the upper level there is a computer with high speed access that%26#39;s free to use. It is a French keyboard which really slowed me down. During cocktails, there is wine, champagne, beer and the normal gin, vodka, whiskey, etc. The people who work in the lounge are great! When you check-in be sure to go directly to the 5th floor and check-in there. Our flight arrive at 7am so we were there very early and had no problem getting our room.





Also, the Roissy bus (express from CDG) takes you about a half block from the Le Grand. It%26#39;s only 8.30E per person.





Let me know if you have any more questions!





Judy




|||



Hello, everyone





My deepest gradtitude for taking the time to reply to my question. I will AMEX first and see if they can help with the price and then join as an ambasador member. I%26#39;ll let you knw how it goes. Daniela




|||



There is a fee of $150 to be an Ambassodor and one is upgraded, if available, to the next room type. But, from what I understand, they don%26#39;t upgrade from a regular room to a suite. I thought about it but didn%26#39;t think it would be worth $150 since we don%26#39;t stay at Intercontinentals much.





That promotion ended on December 31st. There is nothing like it now and probably never again. I think Conde Nast may have a promo. They did and I know it lasted longer than the Amex. I%26#39;ll try to find the info and post it for you.





Judy




|||



There is a fee of $150 to be an Ambassodor and one is upgraded, if available, to the next room type. But, from what I understand, they don%26#39;t upgrade from a regular room to a suite. I thought about it but didn%26#39;t think it would be worth $150 since we don%26#39;t stay at Intercontinentals much.





That promotion ended on December 31st. There is nothing like it now and probably never again. I think Conde Nast may have a promo. They did and I know it lasted longer than the Amex. I%26#39;ll try to find the info and post it for you.





Judy




|||



Hi,





The Conde Nast promo ended 12/31 also. There are no current promos that I can find.




|||



I checked out the AMEX platinum for a deal in July13-19 and they had none :( is is cming out to $405US a night for us~ Plus one free night AND THE UPGRADE TO CLUB LEVEL



Sue




|||



I see that the Le Grand is going for $225 per night on Priceline.Com. Look at this link: …ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm2…




|||



I don%26#39;t believe that ambassador status will upgrade to a club level room. This is all discussed extensively on www.flyertalk.com. Go to forums and hotel programs.





As for Priceline, the standard rooms at the Le Grand are very tiny. I would rather stay else where than a tiny room there. But I loved the junior suite and club level.





The $405US for club level with one free night doesn%26#39;t sound bad at all. Or did you get club level with your $333 rate? Even so, with today%26#39;s exchange rate 333 Euros is $434.351USD.





Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment