Thursday, April 12, 2012

note for Gourmand

Gourmand,





I posted a reply about Chez Georges and thought that I%26#39;d post a new forum with my reply in case you weren%26#39;t checking back on your original question. Here%26#39;s my spin on Chez Georges:





I thought I%26#39;d chime in for you about Chez Georges. Like Patricia Wells, it is my favorite bistro in Paris. And yes, I am speaking of the same one, the one in the 2nd Arr. It%26#39;s a typical bistro environment. The tables are crammed next to one another in rows that run the length of the restaurant, They%26#39;re so close together that the wait staff has to move the table for you to get in and out. That%26#39;s part of the charm. The kitchen is so small and cramped that you%26#39;re amazed that they can put out the wonderful fare that they do. It%26#39;s the best filet mignon with bearnaise sauce that I%26#39;ve had in any Parisian bistro. The champignons salad is wonderful (basically a tub of mushrooms). The escargots are wonderful, not overly salty or creamy as they often are. Truly a homey, wonderful experience. It%26#39;s a little bit of a trek from anything, but well worth it.




|||



Wonderful to know! We have it down for our first night of our itinerary. This trip we are going to seek out specifically the best recommended bistros and brazzeries instead of falling into places like last time- although I certainly recognize the fun in doing that too. Everyone seems to ask about restaurants on this site so I hesitate to do it too, but have not found anyone talking about Les Bookinistes. Have you been there? Or Les Grandes Marches? Both are on the top of my list for my time in Paris so I hope the reseach I%26#39;ve done is correct.




|||



Bouquinistes is grand, you won%26#39;t be disappointed with that choice.




|||



Ditto on Bouqinistes, a lovely bistro from Guy Savoy. Good food, although in a more modern-style bistro, distinctly different from Chez Georges. Sorry, I haven%26#39;t been to the other bistro you mentioned.




|||



You guys are great. We are going to have the best trip! Thanks for all your advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment