Thursday, April 12, 2012

Need info on the Lido show and others

Are the shows like they are in Vegas--late show is topless and dinner show is covered? I noticed they had children%26#39;s meal prices listed, so that brought up this question. I wouldn%26#39;t expect people to be bringing their kids to these shows--but then, we are quite prudish here in the US.... ;)





I too want to know if the Lido, the Moulin R., the Crazy Horse, or the Follies Ber.--which one is the best show? Any opinions or experiences to share?





Do you get the best tickets booking direct or through agencies? The agencies were cheaper, but I am not sure if I am getting good seats.





Merci




|||



My husband and I were in Paris in 2001 and got a United Vacations package. We also booked tickets for Lido with our package. As our hotel was located near the Lourve, it included bus pickup and dropoff to your hotel. The show is topless, but it%26#39;s a very classy show. It looks like you can also get tickets when you are in Paris, with bus pickup to the Champs Elysees where the show is located. We didn%26#39;t get the dinner package, we only got champagne drinks with the show. The dinner package looked nice though, and there was dancing before the show started. I was wondering about the Folies Bergere also before we left, as I would have loved to see it in Paris(only saw the show in Vegas), but from doing research at the time, I had only found out that this show is no longer in Paris anymore, but I could be wrong. In my opinion, when we saw the Lido, it is definitely not the same as the shows in Vegas. It has a different feel to it and a different atmosphere, and is in a smaller setting. I heard the Moulin Rouge was also a great show, classy, traditional french can-can, but we opted to go to the Lido, which we thought was excellent!




|||



Thanks for your input...we were told by our French teacher that the Lido is the best and that the chef there is very famous. We are staying very close to the Folies Bergere and we originally wanted to go there--however, I too haven%26#39;t been able to get on their website, so maybe it is closed right now? We just want to go to a traditional Paris show, I think eating there would be great as then we don%26#39;t have to worry about being late to the show--and if the food is good, why not?




|||



The food in Paris is very good and I think you will enjoy the dinner and show! Yeah, not sure about Follies Bergere! Anyways, hope you all have a great time in Paris! It%26#39;s a great city and we enjoyed our time there!

No comments:

Post a Comment