Sunday, April 15, 2012

museum pass in winter?

We are going to Paris in Feb. Do we need a museum pass in winter or are lines short enough to go without?




|||



Last February I notice a 1 1/2 hour line to get into the Orsay and a 30 minute line to get into St. Chapelle. I believe there was a line for the Louvre also.





In short, yes, there are lines in the winter.




|||



The Orsay has re-opened the main entrance since last Feb, so the waits are quite reasonable now (10-15 minutes) and for the Louvre, you just have to use the entrance that is through the mall under the Carrousel to avoid the lines. St Chapelle is another story, but those are security lines and I am not sure that the card gives you bumping priviledges, as the line is also for locals going to court.



I go to museums here at least once a week and I have never waited more than twenty minutes and I don%26#39;t have the Museum Pass. If you get here and find the lines a problem, you can always buy it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment