Thursday, April 12, 2012

single white female in paris

Hi, I am traveling alone to Paris 3/11 - 3/20 will I look out of place dining alone or this a fairly common thing? Tanks




|||



Of course its common. Women on business need to eat.


Women whose husbands/boyfriends/significant others are out of town, need to eat. Women who are single need to eat.



I was in Paris by myself November of 2003, no one cared a bit except the restaurant staff which treated me very nicely indeed!




|||



Sure it seems to be fairly common. Men or women are often seen eating alone. And they do not seem to have something to read either!....They just look to be enjoying the meal and atmosphere. Have fun




|||



A good bet are the restaurants in the better hotels. They can be pricey but they are accustomed to accomodating single travellers.





I would sugget Relais Plaza at the Plaza Athenee in the 8th, Cafe M at the Hyatt Madeleine in the 8th or Brasserie Lutetia in the Hotel Lutetia in the 6th.





There are many more.




|||



I do it at least once a week. Last week I walked into a cafe and there was an entire wall of solo diners.




|||



Yes, but if you are eating alone is it considered rude if you read a magazine or book while you are dining?




|||



No, it is only rude to read at the table when you are with someone else (true in the US, too, I%26#39;d say) but I do put the journal down once the food arrives, to give the chef my full attention (and to avoid making a mess of myself). Cafes, bistros and the like actually keep reading material at the bar for solo guests.




|||



But half the fun of eating in Paris (aside from the fabulous food) is the people watching. What better way to spend an hour or so but at an outdoor cafe watching Paris walk by. I can%26#39;t wait.....78 days and counting!!




|||



I am a single male that will be in Paris during the same time. Where will you be staying? Is this your first time in the city of lights?




|||



go girl! i last went to paris when i was 25, alone. had no problems. just keep your wits about you!




|||



I traveled to Paris for 20 days at the beginning of the year. Did some dining out and of course alone without a problem. I didn%26#39;t go to any of the night clubs due to being alone, but dining wasn%26#39;t a problem at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment