Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lourdes to Barcelona

Greeting. I was thinking of driving from Lourdes to Barcelona, doing an overnighter, and returning to Aix-en-Provence. Could anyone tell me if this is doable, and what the road to Barcelona is like to drive in March. Are there any must see spots along the way that we should consider? Will it be a problem if I rent a car in Lourdes and drive it to Spain, or will I run into all sorts of complications. Finally any suggestions for reasonable car hires out of Lourdes? Many thanks.





VanIsleGal




|||



First of all you should book your car while at home and have it ready for you when you%26#39;re ready to pick it up.





You shouldn%26#39;t have any problem driving from Lourdes to Barcelona on a one day turnaround, but it is a long drive, more then 400 Kms in one direction. You%26#39;ll have to stick to the French side until at least Andorra where you should be able to cross over into Spain, depending on the weather. You can expect the trip in March to take at least 6 hours, not including stops for fuel for both you and the car.





For me, it would be a two or three day trip minimum so that I could at least enjoy some of the countryside I driving through.




|||



Thanks Robert, I%26#39;ll rethink my plans. It sounds like you know the area. If I don%26#39;t go all the way to Barcelona, is there another town/village you could suggest - just to be able to say we had lunch in Spain?





VanIslandGal

No comments:

Post a Comment