Sunday, April 15, 2012

From Spain to Nice by train

My friend and I are flying into Madrid at the end of Feb/March and want to spend some time in the Nice area. How do we get from Madrid or Barcelona to Nice by train? We%26#39;ve searched and searched and can%26#39;t find enough information. I know that we can go to Montpellier from Barcelona and then to Nice from Montpellier but is there another way? I also heard there%26#39;s a train that goes from Barcelona to Nice direct but cannot find it. What is the best way?





Also, do you advise that we get the Eurail pass to do this or just buy individual tickets? Our intended travel is from Madrid to Nice/Monte Carlo/Cannes/St. Tropez then back to Spain for Barcelona/Valencia/Madrid?





Are reservations really necessary for the trains during Feb/March since it is the off-season?




|||



Try -- www.SNCF.com -- or -- www.Bahn.de -- for your train connections.




|||



If ypou plan to travel a lot by train Eurailpass is a must. You still have to make reservation for TGV seats. Get all the info on www.raileurope.com and make sure you surf on the US site (look flor flags on home page)




|||



Thanks.




|||



I second the opinion that Raileurope.com is the way to go.


They are a very serious company and their customer support are second to none (I know I had a pass refunded to me last year)


Have a great trip


Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment