Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cosmetic question for the Parisian ladies!

Hi....you were all so sweet answering my question about makeup, but now I%26#39;m wondering about face creams? I%26#39;ve been to Paris a couple of times and the complexion of these women is fabulous.....and I want the secret!!! Are prices reasonable in the Monoprix? What are para-pharmacies? Are they a good source?? I know my friends are hoping that I can fill my suitcase with wonderful age-defying creams and lotions....




|||



Parapharmacies are discount pharmacies all over Paris. The prices are very good and most of the people I know shop at them to purchase their creams and such. Monoprix is a grocery store with some clothes and cosmetics located inside. My family when they come to visit enjoy going to this store because you can buy Petit Bateau underwear and shirts for very inexpensively. The prices to me seem better at the parapharmacies then anywhere else.




|||



I have used Orlane products since I was a teenager, and all my friends envy my skin. I%26#39;d like to think it%26#39;s just good genes, but I honestly think it%26#39;s the Orlane. Since the Orlane Institute is in Paris, my guess is that you can get a much wider array of Products (and excellent advice) than I do over here at Saks. I think the quality and price of their things are incomparable.




|||



I%26#39;ve never tried Orlane.....I%26#39;ll have to look into that, thanks very much!




|||



There is a parapharmacie on the corner of the rue du Four and rue Bonaparte in the 6th... they have just about everything and if they don%26#39;t have your name brand, ie Orlane, they can usually recommend a product this is very similar at a franction of the cost. They have weened me from my expensive Darphine line and even my esthetitian can%26#39;t tell the difference. There is always a crowd because women come from across Paris to by their products here.




|||



pharmacies and parapharmacies have brands like la roche posay, avene, vichy, etc that you will not find in perfumes shops. they are less expensive than cremes in perfumes shops (clarins, lancome, chanel etc). the average price (but it really depends but more or less) is between 15 and 20 euros for a face creme. i suggest you to go in phamarcies rather than to monoprix, where the brands are not the same (but some monoprix have parapharmacies inside so they have also vichy avene etc brands), where they have nivea, l%26#39;oreal etc. the day i stopped to use a nivea creme, i lost almost all my spots.




|||



Sorry no info on Paris products, but just wanted to say how true that is about Nivea - even Nivea Suncream gives me spots, it%26#39;s great for anywhere else on the body but not the face! Shame - I love the smell!




|||



good2go



what product are you using now?



thanks for the info!




|||



I bought a Darhine cream when I was in Paris last time, and it is wonderful. It%26#39;s caled HydroRelax....and it does just that...a body cream that is just like a martini for the soul, sipped in a bubble bath full of lavender. just delicious




|||



Hi there - I%26#39;ve been using Dior products for ages and will be in Paris In March. Firstly, can someone tell me if Dior is still highly regarded as a quality product (compared to all of the new lines) and secondly, would they be they cheaper in Paris than in Australia? I did buy some exquisite perfumes over the web for a small fraction of the price here in Australia (not Dior) , so I%26#39;m hoping it%26#39;ll be the same for skincare. Thanks for your opinions re Dior and advice.




|||



I am using Decleor now, thanks to my parapharmacy. It comes from the same labs as Darphin and is pretty much the same stuff without the fancy packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment