Thursday, March 29, 2012

I hope one of you can help me with this!

I was in Paris 4 years ago and I will soon be heading back in April for 2 weeks. I wanted to take my friend to a great restaurant that I dined at with my family,but I can%26#39;t seem to remember the location exactly. I found a card at the bottom of my old purse that I took with me on that trip and it appears to be a business card from an eating establishment. I am not sure if it is %26quot;THE ONE%26quot; ,but I am hoping that by recounting these details it will ring a bell for someone who knows where it is and how I can get back there.





The card is pretty worn, however it looks like it says something rue du bac and it%26#39;s either 75001 or 75007, Paris. Too , on the back of the card it looks like it says ouvert7/j7. There looks like a telephone number with 61 23 77 as the last numbers.





All I remember is that we%26#39;d just left the museum. I actually thought it was the Louvre,but since we%26#39;d gone with a tour group, I know that we would have ridden back on the coach bus to the group%26#39;s office. Therefore, I am guessing maybe it was the Musee D%26#39; Orsay. I do remember walking across a bridge and then down a sidewalk and stopping in front of a menu posted outside on an easel. A man then appeared and ushered us inside and we sat down to the most wonderful lunch of steak and potatoes. I also remember that there was a bar in front of the restaurant and we were seated over to the left of the bar. I ordered the most wonderful hot chocolate too.





If someone knows anything, your input would be very much appreciated.




|||



the only thing i relevant (maybe) that i know is the musee d%26#39;orsay is in the 7th which would be 75007, but if you walked across a bridge after you left the museum, it would put you on the other bank which would most likely be the first (75001), so perhaps that card is from %26#39;the one%26#39;. search online for a map of paris with the bridges that go from the 7th to the first---maybe something will jog your memory... good luck to you!




|||



Is it this one?





La Frigate



1, rue de Bac



75007 Paris



Tel: 01-42-61-23-77




|||



Perhpas this will look familiar:





BRASSERIE La FREGATE-- http://www.la-fregate.com/




|||



You guys rock!





I am almost sure from what I can make out on the card,added to the pictures on that website KDK gave that this is indeed the place. I distinctly remember the mirrored wall, the mural on the ceiling and the table and chairs. I am almost sure this is it.





This is so amazing that you guys found my needle in the haystack!





I will call the number tomorrow that ptegan left. I am so excited that I will be able to share this with my friend because I had been raving about it.







Thanks ptegan, KDKSAIL and Mistress.





Some of you should write your own travel books, I am serious!



Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!




|||



glad you found it! hooray!! my curiousity has been piqued, i%26#39;ll be there next week, perhaps i%26#39;ll give it a try...

No comments:

Post a Comment