Tuesday, April 17, 2012

alexth82....thought you might be interested

Hi alexth82--





I have enjoyed reading your posts on this board...especially about the restaurant called 1728. I will be in Paris the first week of April and hope to be able to dine there. I know it is supposed to be a romantic restaurant...would it be ok if I went by myself?





This weekend in my local newspaper called the Marin Independent Journal (I am from California...near San Francisco), there was an article on romantic Paris restaurants....and 1728 was one of them they wrote about. I told my husband, who will not be traveling with me, %26quot;Hey...I have heard of this place from Alexth82 on tripadvisor!!%26quot; Funny story, I thought!




|||



hehe it%26#39;s funny ;) well, you can go anywhere by yourself, but of course it would be better with your husband :) but you can try alone, it%26#39;s really a nice place and waiters are nice there, and next time you go to paris you%26#39;ll bring your husabnd there lol. but you know if you dont want to go by yourself, i live in paris and i can meet you there (if you dont want to eat alone), i like this restaurant and it%26#39;s been some months since i did not go.




|||



Hi Alexth82--





That would be fun to meet up with you. I am traveling with a friend, but her parents will also be there on a tour and I thought while she was with one evening I would try 1728. I will be there from 2 April until 9 April. I am staying in the third, near Place de Republique.




|||



my email is alexth@gmail.com, so tell me when you arrive ;)




|||



hey kelbel, what were the other restaurants on the list?




|||



Hi Alexth82--





I will do that! I arrive on the 2nd of April. Our apartment we are renting has internet, so it won%26#39;t be a problem accessing e-mail, unless it isn%26#39;t working. =)







Hi Good2Go--





The restaurants listed in the article were:





Taillevent



1728



Les Arts



L%26#39;Espadon Bleu



Le Parc a Huitres



Le Clos de Gourmets




|||



kelbel, tell me like one week before you arrive, so i wont forget it ;) and i will give my phone number. 1728 i think is better if you are with your husband or a friend, you can go alone but well it wont be funny lol.




|||



thx kel bel always good to see the world from someone else%26#39;s point of view.




|||



No problem Good2Go. It was fun to see an article on Paris restaurants in our little local paper. Usually you see them in the San Francisco Chronicle...not the Marin IJ. But...a lot of people in Marin are travelers...so I guess that is what explains it. So...are any of those restaurants worth going to?





Alex...I will remind you before I leave. It would be fun to meet you...even if it just for a coffee or a glass of wine.




|||



Hi Alex and Kelbel: wish I could go too! April 7 is my birthday!




|||



elliemae so let%26#39;s have dinner with kelbel the 7 at 1728 lol!! it could be funny

No comments:

Post a Comment