Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blue Van or Paris Shuttle?

I have finally decided to take a shuttle from CDG airport to my hotel in Paris.....now, which shuttle should I take? Anyone have experience good or bad with Blue Van or Paris Shuttle?There costs are close enough that I will probably base my decision on service and how long I have to wait. Thanks for any input.






|||



We have used Paris Shuttle 3 times and they were ok, a bit slow in picking us up somestimes, but the drivers were always nice and spoke English and unloaded and loaded our bags for us, which is more than I can say for the cab drivers we%26#39;ve encountered. I liked the fact that I could book on line prior to leaving too.




|||



The Paris Shuttle we%26#39;ve used a few times. The Blue Van is a little newer service. Both should be about the same. Try the Blue Van and let us know how it turns out.




|||



Have used both.......similiar. Always used blu van until recently when we had trouble finding it listed. Either one might be a little wait...sometimes...but both are pretty good and drivers usually speak some English. Never had a problem with pick up to CDG on our return with blue van (although they always came very early). They even sent a taxi once because their vans were stuck in traffic (no additional fare). Did have a bit of a problem recently with Paris shuttle getting to the airport quite late though..........not a traffic problem...Called them half a dozen times (%26quot;theyre coming, theyre coming%26quot;)...Finally arrived...Just came late and then picked up others, making us too close for comfort at the airport. bonne chance.




|||



Ok, I%26#39;ve checked the Blue Van website. For a 10:15 am departure from CDG they want to pick us up at our hotel at 5:45 am (Friday morning). Is this reasonable. Do we really need a pickup 4 1/2 hours before our flight?? Would we better off taking the train from Paris back to CDG on a Friday morning? Again, thanks for any help.




|||



Oh, I forgot, the return trip to the airport from Paris will be 45 Euro for 2 people. Should we consider a taxi?




|||



I%26#39;m interested in the replies you get San Ramon Traveler--





I am going to Paris the first week of April and plan on taking a shuttle bus. I had heard that you get picked up really early for departing flights. By chance...are you taking the 10:15 Air France flight home? I will be taking that on Saturday, 9 April.





BTW....I am from California...Marin County. Born in Walnut Creek and grew up in Antioch. I know San Ramon well.




|||



Found this link for another shuttle service. Anyone got experience of this service?





netcapricorn.com/clients/…paris.htm




|||



We%26#39;ve used both the Blue Van and Paris Airport Shuttle services and both have been equally reliable--arriving for a hotel pick-up either on-time or a little before, with excellent service out to either CDG or ORLY. As for your scheduled pick-up time of 05:45 for a 10:15 flight departure, that strikes me as early. But I wouldn%26#39;t worry too much about it. Once you arrive in Paris , telephone and re-schedule for a later time.




|||



KelBel,



Yes, we are taking the 10:15am Air France Flight direct to San Francisco. I am not looking forward to the 10+ hours in coach but it will be worth it to finally see Paris. I guess we will book with Blue Van and report back on the experience.




|||



We just got back and used the Paris Shuttle. We arrived at CDG at 8:30 AM and finally got to our hotel at Noon!!! They were over an hour late picking us up - after numerous calls, and when they finally did show up, they picked up 5 other people - all of whom we being dropped off all over the city - After speaking to everyone, it was decided that my husband and I be dropped off first as we were in so early and we had a lunch reservation at 1:00PM - The driver ignored the group and ultimately dropped us off last. Oh well....



For going home, we had a 11:50 AM flite and we were picked up at 8:45 - made the airport in plenty of time, without feeling pressured.



I would use them again, but would be better prepared for a delay in pick up.

2 comments:

  1. How uberfabulous is that? Feel free to leave comments below to thank me and tell me how it’s changed your life. Have an uberfabulous week ! privatecarserviceparis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Necklace and Jewelry box was looking marvelous and wonderful. I never seen this before!
    Heathrow airport taxi transfer service London

    ReplyDelete