Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Abbatial St Germaine

Anybody had experience with this hotel?




|||



Yes, I stayed there in 2002. It%26#39;s not a luxe hotel of course, just a nice 3*, very very conveniently located. It%26#39;s on the blvd. St. Germain and a block from the Seine. If you like shops there are lots of shops (Diptyque is a few blocks up on the blvd.) and there are many restaurants as well all around. St. Nicolas de Chardonnet church is across the street and a nearby is the Institute de Monde Arabe. If you want to head to St. Germain des Pres that%26#39;s only a few blocks away via Blvd. St. Michel.





About the hotel, I understand that the singles and reg. doubles are tiny of course. I reserved a triple room and asked for one with a view on the 5th floor. Had a wraparound balcony with views of the Pantheon%26#39;s dome in the distance and from the bathroom window I could make out one or two spires from Notre Dame. If you request a large room with a view the reception/reservation will guarantee that particular room upon arrival--at least in my case that occurred. And I specified the room # that I wanted as well. I believe the 6th floor has a bit of a nicer view than the 5th floor.





Be aware that walls are pretty thin as is the case for practically all small Parisian hotels.





Elevator is coffin-sized and can%26#39;t fit more than 2 people without luggage or one person with luggage. Breakfast is a nice buffet continental and dining room staff is friendly. So is the desk staff.





In short, I highly recommend this hotel.




|||



I stayed there this past August and found it an ideal location. Close to everything. Very clean. Very friendly.




|||



I can recommend you the Hotel central Saint Germain, http://www.centralstgermain.com/ another 3 stars hotel located in the same area. I am sorry, I can%26#39;t help you with the Abbatial St Germain, but this hotel is one where iI sometimes go, it was fully renovated, so it is clean and nice hotel. It has reasonable prices. People at the reception are really nice.



Enjoy Paris




|||



thanks everyone. will be there 2/18 and these posts are invaluable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment