Thursday, April 19, 2012

Moulin Rouge or Lido?

My husband %26amp; I will be in Paris in July for our first visit. Thought a show would be fun. Are the MR %26amp; Lido tourist traps? We%26#39;ve been to plenty of Vegas shows. Are there any off Broadway type shows, perhaps?




|||



Personally, I think a better alternative to MR/Lido would be a nice dinner cruise down the Seine. If you like ballet (I am not fond of it) I heard the ballet at Opera Garnier is wonderful.




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; Are there any off Broadway type shows, perhaps?%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





There is %26#39;..theater..%26#39; in Paris, but very little (almost none) of it will be in English. So if you are not fluent in French, then the best %26#39;..theater...%26#39; in Paris can be found at the Gare du Nord......and taking the Eurostar to London%26#39;s West End.




|||



I had to see one of these shows as that%26#39;s what my travel companion wanted to see. We chose the Moulin Rouge. Although I would never care to see these shows, I have to admit that the MR has a good show. It%26#39;s a variety type of show actually: song, dance, comedy, snake act, acrobats.





I heard that the Lido isn%26#39;t as nice as the MR.




|||



The Moulin Rouge is entertaining. I have not been to the Lido. The area where the ML is located can get very seedy at night, so be prepared to experience a differnt atmosphere when you come out than when you went in. Don%26#39;t have dinner there. It is not worth the money. The smoke is pretty bad in there too. I%26#39;d say it%26#39;s a once in a lifetime experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment